Can I change the name on the ticket?
If your passport or ID is in your maiden name but your ticket is in your married name, just bring a copy of your marriage certificate with you when you travel. There’s no need to make any changes to your booking or let us know in advance.
Only misspelling mistake might be amended by contacting us.
To change completely the passenger name and if the fare booked allows it, you will have to cancel your existing booking through your account (or confirmation email if you don't have an account) and book new tickets with us.
It is possible to change the name on your ticket for a fee, you will need to go to the carrier’s website to do so.
It is possible to change the name on your ticket, you will need to go to the carrier’s website to do so. Please note that changing fees may apply.
It is possible to change the name on your ticket free of charge, you will need to go to the carrier’s website to do so.
Premium fare, we can change the name on your ticket. You must contact us through this form. (Please note this doesn’t apply to Renfe-SNCF trains)
Trenitalia tickets for national trains, Frecciarossa, Frecciargento, Frecciabianca, Intercity day, Eurocity Italy-Switzerland (limited to the internal route), Intercity night and tickets for regional trains are nominative. We remind you that, at the checkpoint, you must present a valid identity document together with the ticket.
The name can be changed for free (and limitlessly up until the departure time of the train) on tickets valid for travel on national trains, Frecciarossa, Frecciargento, Frecciabianca, Intercity day, Intercity night, and Eurocity Italy-Switzerland (limited to the domestic route). The request can be made:
- Directly on your account (“manage my booking” and then “edit passenger details”), or from the confirmation email (“manage my booking” and then “edit passenger details”) if you don’t have an account.
- by Contacting us.
- at Trenitalia ticket offices at the station.
- By accessing the reservation on Trenitalia's website.
The name cannot be changed on tickets valid for travel on regional trains. To allow another passenger to travel, it is therefore necessary to purchase a new ticket with the name of the person who will make the trip (if the conditions of sale allow it, you can cancel the ticket with the wrong name). If the ticket was purchased by adding the CartaFRECCIA, the ticket can only be used by the cardholder.
Specific cases on name changes requests:
- In the case of travel solutions consisting of several national trains in conjunction (e.g.: IC train + FR train; FR train + FR train) - the name change can be requested for all trains, up to departure of the first train (it is not possible to request a name change for just one train).
- Same day return: in the case of same day return offers, the name change can be requested globally up to the departure of the outbound train (it is not possible to request the name change for just one train).
- National trains + Regional trains: For travel solutions that include a combination of national trains and regional trains, it is not possible to request a name change.
If someone else would like to travel, they'll need to book a new ticket.If you are just looking to book a ticket for someone else please visit our How do I buy a ticket for someone else? help page.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback