Fee-free changes on UK trains
December 2022 update: You can currently request a fee-free exchange to your Advance ticket if you book with Trainline. This means if your plans change, you can make multiple changes fee-free, but you must change the date/time by 18.00 the day before travel. Changes can be made after 1800, up until the date/time of travel, but a fee will be applied
These are the rules around this policy....
- You must have an Advance Single type of ticket.
- You must request changes / book your new ticket by 18:00 the day before your original departure.
- You can make multiple changes all fee free.
- Changes are only allowed for a different time/date of travel, so you need to stick to the same departure and arrival stations.
- The difference between the price of your original Advance ticket paid and the cost of the next suitable fare for your journey is payable. If you change to a train on which a cheaper fare is available, the difference will not be refunded.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback