A receipt for proof of payment and/or proof of travel is available from our App or website, following the directions below:
If using our website
- Login into My Bookings.
- Find the relevant booking under Upcoming or Past tab, click on "Order details and history".
- An expense receipt/ invoice will be formatted ready for printing.
If using our app
- Open ‘My tickets’ and find the relevant trip.
- Click ‘Manage my booking’.
- Choose the option ‘Expense receipt’.
- An expense receipt will be formatted ready for downloading.
You will require a trainline account to access My Bookings.
Invoices with VAT number for your tickets, if available, are paid directly by the train operator.
All UK trains
Trainline sells tickets to you on behalf of the Rail and Coach providers and do not charge VAT on your Rail and Coach travel.
For information on VAT receipts please see – VAT Invoice/ Receipt
VAT on transport services is not deductible. SNCF do not issue invoices with a VAT number.
Deutsche Bahn, ÖBB
Deutsche Bahn and ÖBB do not issue invoices, but you can still find the details of the VAT applied directly on the ticket.
Invoices are issued directly by Trenitalia, available from midnight on the day of purchase at the latest. Visit ‘How to request an invoice during online purchase and ticket changes’ on Trenitalia's website.
Invoices are issued directly by Italo, available from midnight on the day of purchase at the latest. Visit Italo's website and enter your name and ticket reference to access the details.
You can request an invoice by writing an email to Renfe direct: firstname.lastname@example.org