You may be eligible for a fee free change of journey or refund if your journey was affected by Coronavirus travel restrictions.
Have an Advance Single ticket? As travel restrictions have only started to ease, we have extended the timeframe to amend your tickets from 6 to 18 months. This means you will have a full 18 months (if necessary) from the date of your original departure to rebook.
If your booking matches either of the following criteria then you have 18 months from the original date of travel to make a fee free change in your online account:
- Booked before 1st November 2020 for travel between 1st November and 2nd December
- Booked before 5th January for travel any time after 5th January
A full list of refund and change availability are displayed in the table below. Please check your country and tier of the stations you're travelling to or from, date of travel, and date of booking.
COUNTRY / TIERS
DATE OF TRAVEL
|DATE OF BOOKING||ADVANCE SINGLE TICKET CHANGE |
FLEXIBLE TICKET REFUND
England / 2 & 3 Wales / All
|14th Oct to 1st Nov||Before 26th Oct||Yes - call||No. Normal fee applies|
|UK Wide / All||1st Nov to 2nd Dec||Before 1st Nov||Yes - online||No. Normal fee applies|
|UK Wide / All||3rd Dec to 2nd Jan||Before 26th Nov||Yes - call||No. Normal fee applies|
|UK Wide / 3||16th to 30th Dec||Before 19th Dec||Yes - call||No. Normal fee applies|
|UK Wide / 3||26th to 30th Dec||Before 30th Dec||Yes - call||No. Normal fee applies|
|UK Wide / 3||On or after 31st Dec||Before 30th Dec||Yes - call||No. Normal fee applies|
|England & Wales / 4||23rd Dec to 27th Dec||On or after 24th Nov until 19th Dec||Yes - online||Yes - online or 'My Tickets' in app|
Scotland (Scotrail trains only) / 4
|From 20th Dec||Any||Yes - online|
Yes - online or 'My Tickets' in app
|UK Wide / All||On or after 5th Jan||On or before 4th Jan||Yes - online||No. Normal fee applies|
|UK Wide / Students||2nd Jan to 7th Feb||On or before 2nd Dec||Yes - call||No. Normal fee applies|
Information about changing an Advance Single ticket
- Changes can only be made from your online account. This is not available from within our app.
- You will have a full 18 months (if necessary) from the date of your original departure to rebook so you don't need to make an immediate decision.
- You can change the ticket more than once but only once online (if applicable). A second change will need to be requested by calling.
- The difference between the price of your original Advance ticket paid and the cost of the next suitable fare for your journey is payable. If you change to a train on which a cheaper fare is available, the difference will not be refunded.